I don’t know why I’m doing this tag… I don’t have kids and I don’t see myself having any anytime soon but I love thinking about baby names, I have for as long as I can remember. I’ve seen a few baby name tags on YouTube and grabbed this one from a forum on Nameberry:
1. What is your own name and do you like it?
My name is Amelia and I like it a hell of a lot more than I used to.
2. If you have children, what are their names and how did you come up with them?
I don’t have children but I have a cat called Virgil. I named him after a character from Thunderbirds and an ancient Roman storyteller who told the story of the Aeneid.
3. If you had a baby boy right now what would you name him?
James Stuart (almost like the actor but with the middle name as my Dad’s spelling)
4. If you had a baby girl right now what would you name her?
5. What would you name boy/boy twins, boy/girl twins and girl/girl twins?
James and Noah, Emmerson and James, Emmerson and Margaret (Maggie)
6. What would you name your ideal number of children using all names that start with the same letter (or one letter for girls and another for boys)
I only want two kids so Maggie and Max
7. What would you name a boy and a girl using only names from your family tree (or the names of close friends and loved ones)
Margaret and James
8. You enter a witness protection program and must choose a completely new name for yourself. What name do you choose and is their any special significance as to why you choose it?
Dinah. My great-grandmother who I was named after went by Dinah.
9. If you could create one rule parents had to follow when naming their children, what would it be and why?
Don’t make up your own spelling. It’s a pet peeve of mine when a name like Ashley is spelled like Ashelleighee
10. Name a boy and a girl using only nature and place names.
Boy- Storm, Girl- Brooklyn
11. Name a boy and a girl using your own first and middle initials. If you don’t have a middle name, select an initial of your choosing.
Initials A & M…. boy- Archie or Max… girl- Alyssia or Maggie
12. Name a girl using names from the top 10 baby names 2017.
13. Name a boy using names from the top 10 baby names 2017.
14. Name a boy and a girl using names from your favourite TV shows and movies.
Kara (Supergirl), Luke (Star Wars) or Maverick (Top Gun)
15. Name a boy and a girl using names of characters from books and literature.
Ginny (Harry Potter), Sirius (Harry Potter)
16. Name a boy and a girl using rare letters, QXY and Z.
Q- Queenie (girl) Quincy (boy)
X- Xander (both)
Y- Yvonne (girl)
Z- Zaria (girl), Zach (boy)
17. Name a boy and a girl using names that, for whatever reason, you would never use in real life.
Ronald for a boy and Aurora for a girl
Well there’s that tag. Let me know what names you like either in the comments on here or on my Instagram and let me know what else you want to see on the blog!!